As a landscaping or contracting professional, you know that your clients' outdoor spaces can benefit greatly from well-placed and thoughtfully designed lighting. However, convincing clients to invest in professional lighting installations, instead of opting for cheaper solar deck lighting can be a challenge. We’re here to help you overcome this hurdle and successfully upsell your clients on the benefits of professionally installed low-voltage outdoor lighting.
The Problem with Solar Deck Lighting
Solar deck lighting may seem like an attractive option for clients who want to enhance their outdoor space, but there are several drawbacks to this approach.
- Solar lights are often not powerful enough to provide adequate lighting.
- Solar lights can be unreliable, as they depend on adequate sunlight to recharge their batteries.
- Unreliable solar lights can lead to frustration and disappointment for the client.
- Solar lights need to be kept clean, clear of debris, and positioned in particular spots to absorb enough sunlight, which can be inconvenient.
The Solution: Low-Voltage Deck Lighting
Fortunately, there is a better option for clients who want to enhance their outdoor space: professionally installed low-voltage outdoor lighting. This approach provides more reliable and powerful lighting and can also be customized to suit the unique needs and preferences of each client. By upselling your clients on the benefits of professional lighting, you can create a durable, more functional, and aesthetically pleasing outdoor space that will truly enhance their enjoyment of their property.
The Benefits of Professionally Installed Lighting
To effectively upsell your clients on professional lighting, it's important to highlight the many benefits of this approach. These may include:
- Increased safety: Professionally installed lighting can help to prevent accidents and injuries by illuminating stairs, walkways, and other potential hazards.
- Enhanced ambiance: Low-voltage lighting can create a warm and inviting atmosphere, enhancing the overall beauty and appeal of their outdoor space.
- Greater functionality: Clients can make the most of their outdoor space by extending the hours of use and creating different zones for entertaining, relaxation, and more.
Some clients may still be hesitant to invest in professional lighting installations. Here are some common objections you may encounter, and some tips to address them:
- "It's too expensive": Emphasize the return on investment, as well as the added value and enjoyment that professional lighting can provide.
- "It's too complicated": Highlight your experience and expertise in designing and installing outdoor lighting systems, and reassure clients that you will handle all aspects of the installation process.
- "It's not necessary": Remind clients of the potential limitations of solar deck lighting, and explain how professional lighting can enhance the overall functionality and beauty of their outdoor space.
Upselling Deck Lighting
Once you've successfully convinced a client to invest in professional lighting, there are several upselling opportunities you can explore. These can include:
- Deck recessed lights: Low-voltage deck lights can be installed directly into the deck surface or on the railings.
- Deck cap lights: These lights are installed on top of deck posts.
- Deck step lights: These lights are installed on stair risers and provide additional safety and visibility when navigating the deck stairs.
- Deck riser lights: These lights are installed on the vertical part of the stair riser and provide a subtle, yet impactful, lighting effect that will enhance the overall beauty of the deck.
In addition to these options, you may also want to consider offering other types of outdoor lighting, such as pathway lighting, to further enhance the overall look and functionality of their outdoor space.
By highlighting these benefits and addressing any objections or concerns your clients may have, you can successfully upsell your clients on the value of professionally installed low-voltage outdoor lighting.
Become an in-sider for more advice on how to sell low-voltage outdoor lighting to your clients. Or, contact us at email@example.com or +1-833-472-9960 for more information on the program.